Monday, March 22, 2010

Go Little Contractors

I haven't had much to say lately, so I've just kept my mouth shut and ridden my bike.  And I've been riding it pretty hard recently, having just entered my Build 1 phase of training.

After about three months of endurance and sub-threshold work, I was very happy to feel the burn again starting a few weeks ago.  As I've mentioned in prior posts, my training is more structured this year than it's ever been.  I've made efforts at organized periodization training before; but the training calendar usually falls apart towards the end of Base phase.  I'm sticking with it so far this year, and my legs have responded well to this point.  It's still very early in the process, so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out later in the spring.

Yesterday's Union City RR was my last day in tough 3-week Build phase.  I was tired, but I rode ok.  Now I'm looking forward to a nice week of bike walks while the little contractor cells do their thing on my mitochondria.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
Im assuming that you might have mito disease and if you do i am looking for someone that has a child that in the local area with this.my son has been just diagnosed and i wold really love someone to talk to.we live in perry ga.if you know of someone please email me at kwb1994@gmail.com.thanks