Thursday, November 26, 2009

Quadrant Analysis

Here's a quadrant analysis chart of two very different efforts. The one in green is a force rep workout (20-sec of hard low-cadence interval with spinning in between). The one in purple is the 2008 Elberton Crit. All the points above the red line represent segments of effort above my threshold power.

I'm not sure what to do with the information yet, but it's interesting to look at. The most obvious use would be to compare race efforts to training efforts to see if my training is properly race-specific.


2 Comments:

Rich Gift Of Lins said...

" compare race efforts to training efforts to see if my training is properly race-specific", that's exactly what I did in 2007 when I was getting cramps in road races. After emphasising in training what I saw through the quadrant analysis of race files I managed to win again in competition. Very useful stuff.

calibration said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life...



Torque Calibration